Here you'll find...

...a place for my mental and artistic doodlings with some bold and blatant marketing of the latter, eg, I'd be delighted if you'd drop by my shop on Etsy to see if the jewellery there might tickle your fancy or the fancy of someone you care to tickle.
www.atdesigns.etsy.com

Monday, March 10, 2008

...and I'll call Rusty...

I used a combination of leading and foiling in this window I installed beside my front door. This way I can greet guests even when I'm not home. And the message to would-be burglars is an unambiguous (well, maybe not so ambiguous...), 'Stop! Grrrr.' In fact, wonder if that's how most people read it when they arrive, and that's why I have so few visitors. Hmmm.

The pieces in my head (yes, I rattle when I dance) were foiled to maximise the glass surface area, while the rest is lead camed for that great supple strength it provides. It's the same height as I am and I'm not saying whether it's any narrower. The glass is largely translucent to allow light into the foyer and so I can peek out to keep an eye on the neighbours. Oh, they're a rascally lot.

I sent a photo to the Delphi online gallery today. You can check out other cool pieces people have made there...well, they didn't actually make them there, but you can look there to see pieces they've made elsewhere. You know what I mean.

No comments: