Here you'll find...

...a place for my mental and artistic doodlings with some bold and blatant marketing of the latter, eg, I'd be delighted if you'd drop by my shop on Etsy to see if the jewellery there might tickle your fancy or the fancy of someone you care to tickle.
www.atdesigns.etsy.com

Monday, February 25, 2008

a petri dish on acid


Glass is a liquid, and so says the art of Dale Chihuly. His work is fluid and organic, vibrant and alive. He visited the Chelsea Flower Show the year they held it on Mars.

I took this photo, which doesn't begin to capture the depth, breadth or detail of this piece (though it makes an excellent screensaver) at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Fiori di Como is composed of over 2,000 hand-blown glass flowers and covers 2,000 sq ft (190 m²) of the lobby ceiling.

Check out this amazing glass sculptor at his website or on wikipedia.

2 comments:

OMB said...

That's cool.

Dharma Designs said...

I think he has something similar to this on display in a Las Vegas hotel. I know I've seen this before. :-)