Here you'll find...

...a place for my mental and artistic doodlings with some bold and blatant marketing of the latter, eg, I'd be delighted if you'd drop by my shop on Etsy to see if the jewellery there might tickle your fancy or the fancy of someone you care to tickle.
www.atdesigns.etsy.com

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Glass-on-Glass Mosaic

Attention span of a ... what was I saying?

I've been wanting to try this technique for a while, because I thought it would suit my enjoyment of creating quickly and spontaneously. And sho' 'nuf, it was a much more organic artistic process with the choice and addition of each piece influencing what happened next.

On top of this, it allows you to use up the small scraps we packrats are so loathe to discard.

I felt inclined towards macro flower images so surfed these for a while. Then I rifled through my various containers of shards and bits to come up with a colour and texture palette that talked 'perty' to me and to the image.

I glued the pieces onto a sheet of clear glass, (much teenier fingers than mine would have been handy at this stage!) and after the glue dried I grouted and framed.

VoilĂ !

1 comment:

Mononoke_Hime said...

(this is Julie btw!) ;)